English poem tree
From DEP-SSA WiKi
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING
Only God can make a tree
Click below to listen this page
For teacher, click here []
This beautiful rhythmic poem is all about the trees. Trees are the wonderful creature by God. In this world trees have many important roles which are very necessary to be known by the students. Personification of trees bring the listener great joy and entertainment. The poet Joyce Kilmer has quoted the uitilities of trees in very poetic way.
- To make the students aware of the trees and importance.
- To make the students aware of the environment.
- To develop in the students the sense of poetic nature.
- To enhance enjoyment and entertainment among the students.
- To familiarise the students with the rhyming words.
A poem as lovely as a tree
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast
A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair
Upon whose bosom snow has lain
Who intimately lives with the rain
Poems are made by fools like me
Listen to it-
The teacher will recite the whole poem with action showing the picture of a Tree. One student of each group will come forward and recite and the rest of the students will immitate them.
Quiz: Tick the appropriate answer-
Que.1- Who lives intimately with the tree?
Que.2-How can the tree lift its arms to pray?
According to the poet he would never see a lovely poem as a tree. It appeals primarily to people who don't much like poetry, or anything else which makes them think too much. Though the trees' hungry mouth is pressed against the earth, it looks at God all day and its branches give a look of a person who has raised his hands to pray God. All can create a poem but only God can create a tree. Kilmer is more interested in being 'poetic' than in being accurate.
- Mrs. Saroj Yadav, Senior Lecturer Govt. Higher Sec. School Mandhar, Raipur (C.G.)email- sarojyadav712@Gmail.com
- Mr. Dhanna Lal Dewangan, Lecturer Govt. High School Pasaud Fingesher, Gariyabandh (C.G.) email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Gaurav Sharma, Lectuer Govt. Higher Sec. School Jatga
- Mr. Sunder Kumar Bhattacharyajee, Govt. A.K.Aashram Kusumkasa, Dondi Dist. Balod (C.G.)
- Mr. Tikam Chandra Swarnakar